Fort Umpqua

Check out Fort Umpqua at the Elkton Community Education Center.  This was the southern most outpost of the Hudson Bay Company and represented the British claim on the Oregon Territory during the western expansion.  The original fort was constructed in 1936 on the south bank of the Umpqua River near the mouth of Elk Creek.  This Replica started construction in 2006.