Regular Meeting Elkton City Council February 14, 2019 8:30 a.m.
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Burke. Joan Smith and Dan Shepherd were present. From the City Staff Gary Trout and Linda Cereda.
Minutes: Joan moved to approve the minutes with corrections, Dan S. seconded, motion carries 3:0 with yes votes by Dan Burke, Joan Smith and Dan Shepherd
Bills: Not presented at this meeting due to printing error
Visitors: Tracy Fall, Linda McNamara and William Munroe
- William Munroe asked if there was a plan in place for the upcoming 3rd Street and C Street paving project and if any new curbs or sidewalks would be built. Gary Trout; No new sidewalks or curbs. Gary and the Engineer have walked the project and discussed drainage, parking and paving. The city should be receiving plans for the project in the next 2 to 3 weeks. The project will start when the weather is warmer.
Business New and Old:
Public Works Report:
- Noah Miller is focusing on learning to run the water and sewer systems
- The Automated Group will start work on the telemetry in the next couple weeks.
- Kevin Shreeve of Civil West Engineering is working on the Master Plan for the water/sewer system.
Lodge Hall Update: The Lodge Hall properties sold. The new Owners will share with the community their plans for the property in the near future.
St. Vincent DePaul Utility Write off: St Vincent DePaul of Sutherlin requested the city write off part of the utility bills when they are paying part of them for customers about to be shut off. The Council decided against this and to keep our water/sewer payment policy as is.
2019/2020 Budget: Joan moved to approve the Budget Committee and the Budget Schedule. Dan S. seconded, motion carries 3:0 with yes votes by Mayor Burke, Joan Smith and Dan Shepherd.
Goals Short/Long Term: Mayor Burke went over the goals.
Good of the order: Mayor Burke has been in contact with Commissioner Chris Boyce about the possibility of the dump being closed. Mayor Burke will be discussing this matter at the next Council meeting March 14th at 8:30 a.m. The community is encourage to attend.
Being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
Emergency Meeting Elkton City Council March 7, 2019 8:30 a.m.
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Burke. Joan Smith, Dan Shepherd, Kim Moore and Ryan Fall were present. From the City Staff Gary Trout, Linda Higgins and Linda Cereda.
Visitors: Eric Skeen, Cheri Bowerman, Chris Davis, Laurie Carpenter, Jason Whitney, Robynne Wilgus, Jim and Barb Maxham, Samiah Wilson, Tina Bisaccio, Cassandra Olson, Paula Swanson, Linda MacNamara, Casey Zarnes, Howard Shemel fron the FD, Paul Anderson, Keith Osmack, Chandra Arborghast, Tracy Fall, Joanne Sprott, Michael Krystosek
Declare Emergency: Joan moved to Declare an Emergency, Ryan seconded, motion passed 5;0 with yes votes by Dan Burke, Joan Smith, Ryan Fall, Kim Moore and Dan Shepherd
- Water: Lower storage tank feeds C Street and down, it is half full. The upper storage tank feeds above C Street and it is 3/4 full. We need to conserve water, at this point there is no way to pump water up to the tanks. We are working on getting two generators to run the water plant and the river pump but the community will still need to conserve.
- Sewer: Reliance Connects brought down a generator and we are currently trying to get the sewer plant hooked up. This will clear the main sewer lines but individual homes have pumps on their sewer system that won’t run without power so the community will have to be very conservative with any water going into the septic system.
- Phone: Local calls only on landlines. No idea when they will be restored. In case of an emergency calls will be routed to the Fire Department.
- Power: At least two weeks out.
- Roads: The road to Reedsport is now open. The road to Roseburg is open to residents only.
Good of the order: Being no further business the meeting was adjourned.