Elkton City Council
October 12, 2023, 8:30 am
Meeting was called to order by Mayor Burke, Dan Shepherd, Joan Smith, and Sandra Galli were present. From the City Gary Trout, and Laci Smith.
Minutes: Joan Smith moved to approve the minutes; Dan Shepherd seconded. The motion carries 4:0 with yes votes by Dan Burke, Dan Shepherd, Joan Smith, and Sandra Galli.
Bills: Joan Smith moved to approve the bills; Dan Shepherd seconded. The motion carries 4:0 with yes votes by Dan Burke, Dan Shepherd, Joan Smith, and Sandra Galli.
Visitors: Donna Smith and Andrew Allen.
Communication: There is an Aviva Health Town Hall Meeting at the Drain Civic Center on November 14th. We have signed on with the other cities within Douglas County on HB3413B regarding housing requirements put out by the state.
Public Input: There is an opportunity to have a free booth at the Exposure Sportsmen’s & Outdoor Recreation Shows this year to promote Elkton and the businesses within town, along with the surrounding areas. A $25 donation from the City would be beneficial to help set up the booth. Additional information will be provided within the next month or two.
Business New and Old:
- The store is going to be demolished and rebuilt. There are concerns with the plans to have parking in the front of the building off of the main highway, as well as having the new building look like other businesses within town.
- In order to get the funding needed for the Safe Drinking Water Revolving Loan for 3.1 million dollars, a 10% increase for the next two years is proposed. We are not committed to the proposed increases.
- The backwash pond has been cleaned out at our water plant.
- The new pumps should be shipped in December for our water pump project.
- We will be putting in an application for funding for a waste water master plan. A planning loan up to $100,000 is 100% forgivable.
Ordinance No. 182 Park Rules and Regulations: The first reading was reviewed and read in full. Joan Smith moved to approve; Dan Shepherd seconded. The motion carries 4:0 with yes votes by Dan Burke, Dan Shepherd, Joan Smith, and Sandra Galli.
Goals Short Term/Long Term: Reviewed. Need to be updated.
Good of the Order: Being no further business the meeting was adjourned.
The City of Elkton values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.